Wij’re just like you. Wij connected through an online dating service–OK Cupid, to be precies. Our very first date wasgoed at a joy Seattle tapas-and-sangria caf. Wij fell ter love. Wij are engaged to be married. Wij know that you, too, can find love. Let us help you.
May 8 The Best and Worst of Dating Profile Headlines (Dare to be Different!)
What is the Purpose of a Dating Profile Headline?
Wij frequently get requests for help from Slew of Fish (see our review on POF) and Match (our review on Match) members for advice on making their online dating profiles more appealing. Typically, the noodsignaal bells begin clanging spil soon spil wij see their profile taglines: 90% of thesis taglines are either typical (overused and boring) or slightly needy. The Dating Gurus are at your service to explain just why a dating profile headline (also known spil a tagline) is more significant than you would very first suspect.
Dare to be Different
There are zillions of daters out there te dating-land vying for your attention, hoping that you will recognize that they, uniquely,can pack that magical place ter your heart. Too bad most of them are throating a fine chance to grab your attention, and make you want to dig deeper.
Let’s be realistic—most of us inject zip code and age parameters, and then narrow the criteria with a custom-made search for a word of rente, such spil ‘brewpub’, ‘warriordash’, or ‘kampeerplaats’ Then, spil soon spil humanely possible wij get to the photos.
If the photos don’t cut it, wij generally don’t click on the person. Spel overheen.
But if wij make it past the photo, skimming profiles, the very first thing you’ll notice is the profile tagline. This little ditty can compel us to read further, or it can cause us to roll our eyes and budge on. The dating profile headline is a one-time lightning-quick chance to vertoning a little flair, and highlight something about your personality or a special rente. The tagline can showcase your wit, a love of poetry, sense of humor, a romantic or philosophical nature, etc. It also can work to attract someone who has similar interests with one quick zap.
27 Examples of Good and Unique(ish) Dating Profile Headlines
Some wij created ourselves, and others wij borrowed from dating headlines on the web.
- I will kill the spider for you!
- And Now.. For Something Entirely Different!
- The Entire Enchilada
- A Señor and a Scholar
- Not Ideal, But My Dog Thinks I’m Awesome
- Travels Well
- Traveling Boots and Dancing Boots
- Runs with Scissors
- Ter My Mind, I Sing Just Like Sinatra
- Willing to Lie About How Wij Met
- Embark By Dreaming
- If Edison Had Bot Afraid of the Consequences, We’d Still be Sitting Ter the Dark
- Likes Dancing te the Rain
- Slurps Desert Very first!
- Ollie, Ollie, Te Come Free!
- He Who Hesitates is a Damn Loser (Mae Westelijk)
- Life is about stepping out of your convenience zone
- Passion and Ambition Seek the Same
- Creating a Fresh Ending
- Iowa farm female masquerading spil East Coast intellectual
- You Can’t Stay Ter Your Corner of the Forest Waiting For Others to Come to You. (You Have to Go to Them Sometimes.)(Winnie-the-Pooh)
- Be Kleuter Whenever Possible. It is Always Possible. (Dalai Fango)
- I seldom end up where I wished to go, but almost always end up where I need to be. (Douglas Adams)
- Flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss. (Douglas Adams)
- I am appreciative for laughter, except when milk comes out of my nose (Woody Allen)
- Merienda ter his life, a man is entitled to fall madly ter love with a gorgeous redhead (Lucille Ball)
- Wears socks that match!
Pitfalls of Bad Dating Headlines and Things to Avoid
Wij perused hundreds of dating webpagina profiles and headlines for crimson flags or dullsville, so you don’t have to. And believe us, you are grateful. There are more cringe-worthy headlines than wij thought possible. Thickest offenders include those where the author’s lack of imagination or energy just scream out “I can’t be bothered”, or “I’m lame” which of course, all expose clues about character, intelligence, or confidence. If a person be bothered to think of a few interesting words strung together to represent themselves, imagine how stimulating they would be on a date! Just spil bad are those which scream of desperation, or have a rescue complicated. But this is fine news for OUR readers, because you are now going to stand out spil a creative and clever person amongst the yawners, oddballs, and desperadoes. You’re welcome.
20 Examples of Bad Dating Profile Headlines and Taglines
You just can’t make this stuff up, and wij didn’t! All wij did wasgoed look at some random pages of dating profiles and just pulled thesis typical taglines. Wij had to zekering ourselves, because they just went on and on.
- “Active gluten free, organic food, traveler, hiker, nature admirer, searching for fucking partner to love everything life has to offer”
- I have a few trust issues
- Live, Laugh, Love
- Likes Pina Coladas and taking walks the Rain
- Looking for Ms. Right
- Looking for my night te shinning armor (yes, wij left the spelling mistakes intact)
- I am seeking for true love. Could that be you?
- Ready to budge to the next level with that special woman who is after my heart
- Looking for somebody wonderful
- Not sure what to say
- Does anyone actually read thesis things?
- Yes I’ts mij. LOL! (grammar left spil wasgoed written)
- I can’t believe I’m on a dating webpagina
- This is rather trite, don’t you think?
- Can you make mij love again?*
- Will pack this ter later…
- Insert funny headline here
- Looking for Schouwspel Free.. No Games!
- Back Again..
The 8 Elements of a Bad Dating Headline
- *Don’t sound desperate. “Can you make mij love again?” is desperate.
- So many people ‘Can’t believe I’m on a dating webpagina’. Get overheen it, because we’re all on one too.
- If you ‘Don’t know what to say here’, then get off yer lazy butt and insert a cool song lyric, line from a poem, or a quote by your beloved author, celebrity, or comic book character.
- News Flash: No one wants ‘schouwspel’. Telling you don’t want stuk makes you sound like you attract toneelstuk. Or toneelstuk and laagconjunctuur.
- “Looking for someone wonderful” or “Ms. Right” doesn’t say a word about yourself, which is what people are searching for ter profiles and dating taglines. All it says is you might be looking for someone–anyone–everyone.
- “Does anyone everzwijn read thesis things?” warns us that you aren’t getting any play!
- Live, Laugh, Love is used by at least one female vanaf search pagina. Make it zekering!
- Spelling or grammar errors. Spell check is your friend.
Commencing to get it? Use a dating profile headline to showcase your unique personality, or to grab someone’s attention. And no, wij can’t “make you love again”.